26.9.07

To do, or not to do?


I wonder if procrastination is learned or if it is genetic. Maybe a combination of the two, maybe I am genetically predisposed to being a procrastinator. If that is the case, what could be the benefit to that behavior. I don't waste energy and/or resources getting things done instead I leach off the efforts of others to survive. I guess from a survivalist view, there would be a benefit to doing only what is absolutely necessary. Wasting valuable energy on things that don't need to be done right now might be inefficient. At the same time it is immensely important to be prepared if one is to survive without depending solely on luck.
Then again it could be completely a learned activity, my whole life I have gotten by just fine waiting till the last moment. In ancient times maybe this activity would have been very problematic but in todays society one can get away with it just fine.
Well, time for class, so until next time.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 20, 2008 3:55:00 PM, Blogger Dr Kuha said...

Indeed, when will next time be?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home